For today's WOD I looked to non other than Crossfit Springfield, the box that unfortunately formed in the town where I went to college just as I was leaving. Last summer I had the privilege of training in the gym while I was in town for a wedding. I had the awesome opportunity to train with Jeremy, co-owner and coach at the gym. It was a great experience and I look forward to returning some day. Anyway, as always, he threw together a tough WOD.
For Time:
50 step ups to a 24" box with 135# on your back
10 135# Push Presses
20 135# Hang Squat Cleans
40 135# Deadlifts
20 135# Hang Squat Cleans
10 135# Push Presses
50 Ring Dips
As rx'd: 23:17
I spent more time than I would have liked resting. This WOD was as mentally challenging as it was physically. Instead of a 24" box, I performed my step ups onto a tractor tire. The rubber threw in a nice element of stability. By the time I made it to the ring dips I was smoked and struggled repping them out. Overall, it was a great WOD to start the week. Here's a shot of my setup.
I want to give a big shout out to David, the owner of this beautifully equipped garage gym. I'm very fortunate to have such an awesome place to train while in school. Thanks a ton man!
Good Work today, Bro. That WOD looked pretty tough.
ReplyDeleteAnd that gym looks SICKKKK!
Matt-
ReplyDeleteThanks for the shout out and more importantly congrats on kickin' off your training blog! It's absolutely one of the most positive tools I've added to my routine. I'll look forward to checking in!