Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Ozone

As I mentioned in my previous post, I went to check out Coach Izzo and the Spartans take on South Carolina. In my third basketball season at Michigan State, it was only the second game I've attended.  I know - shameful.  As much as I would like to turn back the clock to change that (I mean, they've been to the FINAL FOUR the past two seasons!), I can only make an effort to see as many games as possible this year. With that said, the Breslin is an incredible college basketball atmosphere.  The lower bowl is filled with students.  This rowdy bunch is known as The Izzone.  The always-standing students have coordinated cheers for what seems like any possible situation.  They jump, they clap, they fist pump, they sway back and forth.  If I were ever lucky enough to score a ticket in The Izzone I would most certainly count that as a WOD. 
I, however, was not in the Izzone.  Nor the lower bowl.  No, I was in the upper bowl, a place I have dubbed as the Ozone due to its high altitude.  Either way, the game was a good time.  I got a good look at the team, and what I saw was very promising.  I look forward to seeing some Big Ten battles this year.  The only negative aspect of the game was that it started at 10:00 p.m.  I did not get to bed until 1:00 a.m.  I had class a short 8 hours after that.  Add a lack of sleep to the rough WODs I took on the past two days and you get a tired, sore Matt.  I decided to take today off and rest up.  At first I felt a bit guilty about my laziness, but then I looked across my living room and saw this...
That a girl, way to make daddy feel better about himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment