Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

12.04.10

I dropped into Spartan CrossFit this morning and did a WOD with the 10 a.m. class.  Here's what showed up on the white board:

5 Rounds:
AMRAP in 3 mins
3 Power Clean 135#
6 Pushups
9 Body Squats
Rest 1 min

I lost track of my rounds for each 3 minute set, but I know my first round was 7+ rounds and my final round was 4 rounds + 1 power clean.  It was my first group class setting, and I really liked the environment.  There were 9 of us all facing the same difficult WOD.  It was motivating to say the least.  It's not that I watched anyone when I started to struggle - I could feel them working around me.  The surrounding sounds also pushed me to go harder.  The barbells crashing on the ground, the grunts and groans of exploding through the bar on the cleans, the gasping for air during the minute rest, and Michael cheering us all on.  It was great.  It was my first opportunity to understand the whole "community" aspect of CrossFit.

No comments:

Post a Comment